Friday, June 18, 2010

Dr. C.

C for Complacent

For the past several years in remission, I have been seeing my Endocrinologist at the Makati Medical Center atleast on a semi annual basis. She was recommended by my health insurance, who told me that she was the best amongst all the resident Endocrinologists there. She was nice- although always in a hurry, but I somewhat felt secured and contented with how she took care of me.

My only problem with her was securing appointment schedules, given she has a lot of patients.

My recent and last??? - blood test at the Makati Medical Center

My blood test, taken last April 12, 2010- all showed good signs or should I say "excellent"- as my Doctor would say it.

These were consistent with the previous blood tests I've had over the years, if not lower.

The actual results are seen below:

TSH

TSH IRMA TURBO result is 0.058 with normal range of 0.27 - 3.75 uIU/ml

Anti - Thyroglobulin

ANTI-HTG result is 0.081 with normal range of up to 100 IU/ml

Thyroglobulin

HTG IRMA result is 0.181 with normal range of 2.0 - 70.0 ng/ml

Although these indicates that I am still very much in remission; the stories of my fellow thyroid cancer survivors, continued to haunt me. That is why during my last consultation with Dr. C, I bravely asked her if I will ever undergo another total body scan. Her response was "there is no need, since your blood tests all show that you are ok. The only time we recommend a body scan is if the blood test results show otherwise."

Thank God I followed my intuition....I sought a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment