Friday, June 18, 2010

Hawkeye


Total Body Scan


The machine you see here is the Infinia hawkeye.

Last June 7, 2010, following Dr. Roberto Mirasol's recomendation, I had a Total Body Scan at St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City.

My whole body was scanned by this machine :-)




The test results came out last June 10, 2010. Below are the Interpretation:



Iodine-avid lesions in both thyroid beds may be functioning thyroid remnants or recurrent disease.



Iodine-avid focus Posterior to the right thryroid bed is highly suspicious for nodal metastsis.



Correlation with Tg and anti-Tg levels are suggested.


After reading this and after seeing the images, I knew this was the beginning of another fight.


My status on facebook says ~ Seeing that you are surrounded by "TRUE Friends"- ever ready to face a battle beside you, is like winning the battle half way already.


Thanks to my colleagues or shall I say "My La Familia" - Aimee, Raine and Laurence, for being there. 


Thanks also to my family esp my Mom and my friends esp Ariel, James, Tin, and my Cancer Warriors family for all prayers and the support. 



No comments:

Post a Comment